I had a few questions on Reddit about my hydroponics Ethereum mining operation, so I figured I’d upload a quick video showing my setup.
– Ten RX 580s
– Six RX 570s
– Six GTX 1060s
– Total hashrate: ~590 Mh/s
– 3’x3’x6.5′ hydroponics tent (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JN8REQC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01JN8REQC&linkCode=as2&tag=greentechnetw-20&linkId=cff50b919e2661b9106219519b24dee6)
– One 8′ diameter inline exhaust fan that vents out my window. It moves A LOT of air, around 800 CFM. This thing will legit turn your fingers into a puff of red mist if you’re not careful. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CTM0LLO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01CTM0LLO&linkCode=as2&tag=greentechnetw-20&linkId=d81222d451cac923680a8937dddaae80)
– Two 6′ diameter intake tubes that pull in air from outside.
Safety is important in a small enclosed space:
– All rigs have a thermal stop limit of 80 degrees C.
– The exhaust fan and network switch operate on the same breaker, so if it flips and the fan turns off the rigs stop mining.
– No SATA risers, only PCIe and non-daisychained Molex.
– All rigs have Teamviewer installed so I can remote power down.
– WiFi smart outlets so I can cut power remotely if necessary (in the event Teamviewer doesn’t work)